1) SMPlayer v16.8 Stable's portable PAF (03 Aug 2016), as well as the previous couple of PAF stable sub-versions leave behind an empty folder at \AppData\Roaming\mpv\, if the multimedia engine is changed from mplayer (default) to mpv at 'Preferences > General'.
2) Also, I recall that when I switched the multimedia engine for the first time a few sub-versions ago, the PAF refused to load any video files, unless I close the PAF, delete \Data\settings\player_info.ini, & then relaunch the PAF to let it recreate the file. I think this could be because the PAF doesn't support/remember relative paths for some back-end components, eg. the multimedia engine for the case of SMPlayer.
Issue (2) happens again when I do any of the following:-
* Shift SMPlayer PAF folder to another partition with a different drive letter & run it from the new location;
* Run the PAF from a USB device with a different drive letter;
* Rename SMPlayer PAF root folder at its original location.
Can the above bugs be resolved ?
Btw the new stable version v16.9 has been released (11 Sep 2016):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/smplay ... yer/16.9.0